S.T.E.A.M. Discoverers – Enrichment Class Curriculum
In STE(A)M Discoverers your kids will be encouraged to use their natural curiosity to increase their critical thinking, creativity, communication skills and become more confident. Discovering is learning and in this class your child will want to learn. Discoverers have weekly themes including:
- Hide & Seek and Scavenger hunts: Using our senses to explore our surroundings
- Legos & Learning: Counting and estimating with Legos & blocks.
- Flour Power & Chef Creations: What makes bread rise?
- Tie Dye Madness: Water absorption, Color blending & Solvents.
- Construct and Build: Students learn about compression, weight and force.
- It’s a Bugs Life: Building and Exploring bug’s habitats.
- Dance & Sing Party: Kinetic energy and creating movement and motion
- Lions, Tigers, & Fossils, Oh My!: Exploring fossils & how scientists use them
Each week we will have toys, activities and crafts based on the theme. All will incorporate math, building (Engineering), arts and science with some technology thrown in. The STE(A)M Discoverers curriculum lends itself toward the Threes, Fours and Pre-K group but can also work for some Beginners.